Fostering Connections Act of 2008 - P.L. 110-351
- About the Act, and New Funding Availability DOC
- Final Interim Rule for Tribes PDF
- Text of P.L. 110-351 PDF
Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) - P.L. 95-608
- What is ICWA?
- Full Text of the Indian Child Welfare Act PDF
- 2005 Government Accountability Office (GAO) Study
- Text of the Adoption and Safe Families Act PDF
- Title IV-B and IV-E of the Social Security Act as Amended by the Adoption and Safe Families Act PDF
- Adoption and Safe Families Act of 1997: Issues for Tribes and States Serving Indian Children PDF
- Regulations for the Adoption and Safe Families Act (IV-E Reviews) PDF
See Page 4029: "G. Special Populations"
These amendments replace section 553 of the Howard M. Metzenbaum Multiethnic Placement Act of 1994 - P.L. 103-82. Section 553 contained the main body of requirements and penalties for foster care and adoptive placements that occur across racial, color or national origin lines.
- Multi-Ethnic Placement Act and Amendments Application to Indian Children PDF
- Text of the Multi-Ethnic Placement Act and Amendments PDF
P.L. 104-188, Section 1808 (starts on page 149)
- Summary of the Foster Care Independence Act PDF
- Improving Access to Independent Living Services for Tribes and American Indian Youth PDF
- FAQs on the Foster Care Independence Act of 1997 PDF