Child Protection Teams (2 days)
Duration, Fees, Registration
- 2 day workshop
- $1,600/day (Travel costs including mileage, accommodations, and meals are billed in addition to the workshop fees.)
- $150/hour for consultation
About the Workshop
This workshop provides participants which basic information on how to set up and operate a child protection team (CPT). The training approach uses a relational worldview model, developed by the NICWA, to illustrate a cultural approach to development of a strong and well functioning team. Participants will learn a brief history of CPTs and develop an understanding of the aims and purposes of having a CPT. Participants examine the child protection systems in their own communities as part of the learning process and will plan a CPT structure and process. Hands on learning will take the form of role-playing a CPT meeting using case study samples.
Upon completing this workshop participants will be able to do the following:
- Understand the purpose, role, and function of CPTs in child protection;
- Recognize the key elements of an effective CPT;
- Participate as a team member in the development of team processes; and
- Apply the CPT process to sample case in role play situations.