Make a Difference in Your Community
There are many ways you can help raise both awareness of American Indian/Alaska Native child welfare issues and funds for our work.
To assist you in brainstorming, we have compiled some ideas to inspire you. Plus, NICWA can further support you by either providing materials or staff. To learn more, contact Elizabeth Brando, development director, at email@example.com or 315-412-8539.
NICWA’s Favorite Community Fundraiser Ideas and Resources:
Create a Facebook Fundraiser in 4 simple steps:
- Login to your Facebook account and search “NICWA” in the search bar
- Mobile version: click on “Fundraisers” under the “Learn More” button.
- Desktop version: click on the “More” arrow under NICWA’s name and click “Fundraisers”
- Click on “Raise Money” (desktop version is to the right of the screen)
- Edit any of the information to your preferences and click “Create” (on the top right-hand side for mobile, bottom left-hand side for desktop)
- Facebook will prompt you to invite friends, share in your news feed, and donate yourself. We recommend doing these things, so click “Get Started” to select which friends to invite, share the fundraiser as a post on your feed and caption it with what NICWA means to you, and donate yourself.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Jeans on Monday raffle, auction prime parking spot or extra vacation day, percent of profits, donation jar, match your donations in the workplace.