Become a Member
NICWA is a private, nonprofit, membership-based organization, working with our members and partners to strengthen American Indian/Alaska Native child welfare.
Our success and strength depends upon our relationships with our members and partners—folks like you!! We are committed to making sure our members have what they need to be effective advocates for Native children and families across North America.
NICWA is dedicated to providing its members with access to information, people, and resources to facilitate their work in Native child welfare and build a national network of Indian child welfare advocates. Membership demonstrates your support and partnership in the effort to improve Indian child welfare practices and, in turn, the lives of AI/AN children and families across North America.
Why Join NICWA?
- Be connected to a large North American network of people working to improve Indigenous child welfare
- Receive free members-only monthly webinars, podcasts, and conference calls for your staff
- Get discounts on our annual conference registration (coming to San Diego, California, in April 2017)
- Get discounts on professional development training that is culturally competent, community based, and reflects best practices—including curricula, online courses and quarterly in-person trainings, and our updated online ICWA course!
- Receive regular updates on best practices, policy developments, research, jobs, and funding opportunities via monthly e-newsletters and quarterly publications
- Participate in a movement: be a voice for policy and advocacy on Indigenous child welfare improvements
NICWA is a strong voice for tribes, children and families.
Let’s work together to help communities stay together—become a NICWA member today!